Statewide Direct Primary Election Update
Ballot Drop Box Locations Now Open
The Sacramento County Department of Voter Registration an Elections (DVRE) is more than tripling the number of Ballot Drop Box locations in Sacramento County for the June 5 election. As of today, registered voters can now place their voted ballot in any of the 53 secure Ballot Drop Boxes
located throughout the County.
In an effort to make returning voted ballots easier, DVRE has installed a new drive-through Ballot Drop Box in the Election’s Office parking lot. This drop box is available to voters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, up to Election Day and through 8 p.m. on Election Night. All other Ballot Drop Box locations will be open during the participating locations regular business hours.
Beginning on May 26, voters can also return voted ballots to any of the 78 Vote Centers
. With the passage of the California Voter’s Choice Act (VCA), traditional polling places will be replaced with Vote Centers that are open for up to 11 days, including Election Day. Voters who prefer to vote in person can do so at any of the 78 Vote Centers.
Additionally, voted ballots can be returned by mail or in person at the Elections Office; 7000 65th Street, Suite A, Sacramento from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Key Election DatesMay 21
- Close of voter registration for June 5 election. Voter registration forms must be mailed (postmarked by this date) or delivered to the Elections Office, 7000 65th Street, Suite A, Sacramento. Online voter registration must be completed before midnight on this date www.registertovote.ca.gov May 22
– Conditional voter registration begins and voting period for new citizens who are sworn in after close of registration **NEW** for this electionMay 26
– Eighteen 10 Day Vote Centers open ** NEW** for this electionJune 1
- Last day a Vote by Mail (VBM) ballot can be mailed to you. After this date, VBM ballots are only available at the Elections office or at any of the 78 Vote CentersJune 2
– All 78 Vote Centers open **NEW** for this electionJune 5
– Election Day
Sacramento County is one of five counties in California to implement the VCA. For additional information about the June 2018 Primary Election, the VCA and to learn more about how voting is changing in Sacramento County, visit the Department of Voter Registration and Elections website