Statewide Direct Primary Election Update
County Voter Information Guides
for June Election Mailed to Sacramento County Residents
Today, the Sacramento County Department of Voter Registration and Elections announced that the County Voter Information Guide (CVIG) for the June 5 election has been mailed to Sacramento County residents. This year, the Department of Voter Registration and Elections printed more than 705,000 guides in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Registered voters can expect the CVIG to arrive in mailboxes early this week which will contain Vote Center and Ballot Drop Box locations, as well as descriptions of all local candidates and measures on the voter’s ballot. Additionally, for voters that have previously ‘opted out’ of receiving a paper version of the CVIG, the guide will be available on the Department of Voter Registration and Elections website beginning on May 7.
Key Election Dates
–Mailing of ballots to all registered voters commences. May 8
– Voted ballots can be placed in any of the 53 secure drop boxes
located through the County May 21
- Close of voter registration for June 5 election. Voter registration forms must be mailed (postmarked by this date) or delivered to the Elections Office, 7000 65th Street, Suite A, Sacramento 95823. Online voter registration must be completed before midnight on this date www.registertovote.ca.gov May 22
– Conditional voter registration begins and voting period for new citizens who are sworn in after close of registration **NEW** for this electionMay 26
– Eighteen 10 Day Vote Centers open ** NEW** for this electionJune 1
- Last day a Vote by Mail (VBM) ballot can be mailed to you. After this date, VBM ballots are only available at the Elections office or at any of the 78 Vote CentersJune 2
– All 78 Vote Centers open
**NEW** for this electionJune 5
– Election Day
Sacramento County is one of five counties in California to implement the Voter’s Choice Act. For additional information about the June 2018 Primary Election, the Voter’s Choice Act and to learn more about how voting is changing in Sacramento County, visit the Department of Voter Registration and Elections website.
For more information, contact Alice Jarboe at (916) 875-6255 or email Jarboea@saccounty.net.