Presidential General Election Update
Election Day Tips for Voters
Sacramento County Registrar of Voters Jill LaVine wants to give you some last minute reminders and tips that can make the trip to your polling place go a little smoother on Election Day.
- Mark your choices in your sample ballot booklet ahead of time and take it with you into the voting booth.
- Check the back of your sample ballot booklet for the location of your polling place.
- With your smartphone, find a polling place on the mobile website by downloading the app from your app store.
- Voting materials and assistance are available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, ask a precinct officer for a new ballot.
- If your name isn’t on the roster at your polling place, ask to vote by provisional ballot. The provisional ballot will be counted after the elections office has confirmed that you are registered to vote and you did not already vote elsewhere in the election.
- If you can’t make it to your polling place on Election Day, you can go to the Elections Office to vote. If you are in line when the polls close, you will be allowed to vote.
- Vote by mail ballots must be turned in by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day or must be postmarked by November 8th and received in our office by Monday, Nov. 14th. Drop off your vote by mail ballot by 8:00 p.m. at any polling place in Sacramento County or at the Elections Office, 7000 65th Street, Sacramento.
For more information, contact Alice Jarboe at (916) 875-6255.
Sign up to receive Voter Registration and Elections updates.