Inquire about the availability of documents in
Registrar of Voters:
The Department of Voter Registration and Elections is part of the Countywide Service Agency. The Registrar is appointed by the Board of Supervisors
The Registrar is responsible for:
- Registering voters and maintaining current and accurate voter files.
- Conducting Federal, State, County and City elections within Sacramento County.
- Checking the adequacy and certification of recall, referendum, and initiative petitions.
- Administering the local provisions of campaign reporting and financing.
- Reviewing, analyzing and monitoring the impact of legislation on the election process.
Our mission is to:
- Provide the opportunity and the means for participation in the election process;
- Be effective, efficient and responsive to customer needs through continuous improvement;
- Achieve open communication through teamwork and a spirit of goodwill;
- Support educational and training opportunities to produce quality work;
- Ensure legal requirements are met and applied consistently;
- Work together to pursue and achieve excellence.
We demonstrate and support the following values:
- Respect for all
- Ethical conduct
- Commitment to Customer Service
Voter Registration and Elections staff certified by State and National Organizations:
California Association of Clerks and Election Officials (CACEO) - The CACEO administration was created to foster uniformity of practices and procedures in the elections community while maintaining a high standard of professionalism. They are committed to promote public confidence in the administration of elections and to support and facilitate in a nonpartisan manner, legislation to further these objectives.
Certified Elections/Registration Administrator (CERA) - A professional education program that is unique in the elections profession, the CERA is intended for those who want to demonstrate their dedication to excellence through a career-long commitment to improving their skills and staying at the top of this profession.