Military and Overseas Voters

Inquire about the availability of documents in alternate formats.

​ ​


​​County of Sacramento Voters Who Are:

  • Members of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty
  • Spouses or dependents of a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty​
  • Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
  • US citizens living abroad with an intent to return​
  • US citizens living abroad with no intent to return
may register and apply for a ballot by completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form.  For more information or to register as a military or overseas voter, visit the Secretary of State's website.

The FPCA form is available at your local US Embassy or at the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.

How to Return Your FPCA Form

Choose How You Want To Receive Your Ballot

  • email​
  • fax
  • mail
Pursuant to the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA), the County of Sacramento will send your ballot between 60 and 45 days before Election Day.

If you are overseas and unable to access mail, you may request to receive an email with a link to access your ballot electronically through the Accessible Vote by Mail System. The Accessible Vote by Mail System allows you to download and mark your correct ballot, and print your marked ballot when you have finished voting. The system also provides access to your County Voter Information Guide and a downloadable packet containing instructions for returning your voted ballot. If you did not receive an email or did not select email as your ballot preference, you may still access the Accessible Vote by Mail System​ as a Military or Overseas Voter.